Sunday, August 08, 2010

It seems that I did not post again last night.    Actually, I thought I had.   But somehow or other, I think the thing did not post.   Heaven knows why.   Saturday  was a quiet day.  The only time I went out  was to Mass.   I remember telling you that the readings were really good ones.   Mainly that we had better be ready when God comes to call us.  Fr. Fan Veeck mentioned that he often thinks, now, of 9-11 and the thousands of people who stormed the gates of heaven on that day.   How many of them were ready?   I bed more than we would think. 

Today was a doubly quiet day.  I did not go any where.   When I woke up to walk Chelsea it was raining.   Not very hard but steady and there was thunder and lightening off in the distance.  We even went for a short walk so that she could completer her "mission".  

I fixed the famous Kunert Spinach, Noodle and Egg casserole for our lunch.  Actually, I had told Dick that I invited anybody reading the blog to come over at about 11:30AM today and they could have lunched with us.   He always asks what I would do if everybody showed up.   I say, I would feed them.  But today I KNOW why nobody showed up.

So here we are into another week.   Please pray for my friend Kate's husband, Ron.  He had a heart attack on Thursday and was rushed to St. Luke's.   They were able to bring him home yesterday, two days before they thought, so that is a very good sign.   Kate needs prayers goo.   She is a weary lady.

The balloon is on the move again.  It dropped from the ceiling and has been kind of following me around today.   The last I saw of it was in Roxie's room.   She gets pretty confused when it starts hovering around her.

I figure it is almost gone.  Pretty good - I lasted almost three months.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: