Sunday, August 08, 2010

 I FIGURED OUT WHAT I DID WITH SATURDAY'S POST.   i PUT IT ON THE CWI SITE.
SO HERE IT IS:  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.

A comparatively quiet day. The only time I had to leave the house was to go to Mass this evening.

Chelsea seems to have reverted to a really dumb need to go out again. I can't even remember the times but know that at 5AM, I just shut them out and asked Dick to get me up at 6:30 AM as Jody was coming to clean at 8AM and I had a lot to do before then

This was an odd day, I did a lot of things but nothing I can really lay my hands on. We had leftover chicken with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes with green onions and chives.

I did take a nap this afternoon as I suddenly became very tired. Chelsea is now on pain pills and seems to be much more lethargic than usual but she is also walking a bit less painfully, so we will continue for the time being.

Church was very comforting tonight. I sat with a friend Mary whose husband has been ill this past year too and we prayed together. The gospel was the one about always being ready for the "master". That is a good thing to keep in mind. Fr. Van Beeck brought up the 9-11 disaster. 3000 and more souls all left this world in one day. How many of them were ready?

So Tomorrow I will be able to stay home all day and I intend to do some sewing and perhaps some writing. We are having Spinach, Egg Noodle casserole for our noon meal so if you are hungry show up at about 11:30AM. Dick is all excited.

Have a good day. I understand that the heat is returning.

Here is a haiku for you.

River

A river in my mind
Carries all my memories
Keeping them alive.

Mary

No comments: