Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It was hot and muggy today.   The temperature hit about 86 here but the air was SO heavy.    Chelsea woke me up at 1:30AM and then left me a.one until 5:30AM.  The trouble was that I had a great deal of difficulty getting back to sleep after the first time, so woke up rather sleepy.

First, I want you all to know that Bart had the device that helps control his pain upgraded today.  They checked the leads to his spinal cord, changed the batteries and apparently he has a bit more control over the dose, he gives himself.   They took him in about 10AM and he was back in his room between 12:30 and 1:30.    Barb called when he went in, when he was back in the room and finally, when they got home which was a little after 6PM.   He is beat and so is Barbara.   He has to keep hands off til Thursday evening but is it in operation so he will be using it.

I spend most of the day cooking.   I have several oranges that had to be used so am making a batch of Orange Marmalade.   I did the initial boiling today and will boil it down and can it tomorrow.  I also make a blueberry pie.

 I made a stuffed hamburger, which we split, accompanied by fried mashed potatoes, broccoli and cucumbers for lunch.   

I also prepared a pasta salad to take to the Condo picnic at the park tomorrow evening.

Sunday, I had put together a square for the block of the month that the Kettle Country Quilters are doing this year and had to take it apart and start over because I had to fix the size.   It looks good now, My points are not as pointy as I would like but they are ALL alike, so it will be my "special touch".

Tomorrow I will be grocery shopping, shooting and going to the picnic.  I also want to make the marmalade and some cauliflower soup.   I have to as the cauliflower needs to be cooked.
 
 We had Pizza Soup and Blueberry pie for supper.   Num Num.

Then this evening we had a Celtic Women Conference Call about the Bridget trip we are working on for next February.   We made a lot of headway.

So that was the day.   Now I am sipping a Bailey's and coffee and then will walk Chelsea and go to bed.

Have a great tomorrow.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: