Friday, August 13, 2010

Another hot and muggy day, though it was much cooler than yesterday.  

Jody came to do the cleaning at about 8:30AM.  I was busy today arranging to go to the Fireside in November with Bobbie and Bill to see The Child, calling the insurance company for a question and finding out how my claim for my missing jewelry is going.  I also started drying some of my herbs for the winter.

At noon, I set out on several errands.   I had to pick up some cleaning products at Walmart and I found a couple of nice cotton blouses that are what I have been looking for.   Then I drove to the Dairy Queen for lunch with my friends.  There were four of us and we had a great time.  We were just silly today.  Ceil and Betty were especially goofy.    I had a chicken wrap and brought some french fries home for Chelsea.

On the way home, I picked up corn for our dinner and stopped at the bank for a couple of things.

When I got home, I took a nap.  I have been so tired, despite the fact that I have had some pretty good nights.   Chelsea usually lets me sleep until at least 4 and then I get a couple more hours before she comes around again.   I guess it is the broken sleep.

We had that wonderful corn for our dinner.   Boy is it ever good this year.  

Til tomorrow then.

God love you

Mary

I am printing the elegy that was read at Audrey Hephern's funeral.  It was beautiful.

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others. 

 

No comments: