Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello.   This has been an interesting day.    Chelsea woke me up at 4AM this morning.   I then went back to bed.  Shut the bedroom door and slept until 6:30AM.

After fixing breakfast, I drove over to Mother's to help her get ready for her appointment with Dr. Lavey, the eye doctor.   She has been complaining about her vision in the good eye, the right eye, deteriorating.   He did a thorough check and discovered with a special test that there is fluid underneath the lining of the eye, which if unchecked could lead to macular in the right eye too.  It was wet macular deterioration that led to the loss of sight in her left eye.  We have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Paul Mandel on August 25 to have an injection that should dry up the fluid and prevent the loss of sight. Pray to God.

I got home at about 1PM and fixed our lunch before resting for a while.

I spent the afternoon on various chores around the house.   I got a lot done and am now ready for a good night's sleep.

Mom and I had a good visit on the trip to and from the doctor.   We were remembering my brother Matt.   He was the poet brother that died when he was only 17.   I remember that he was a sweet eager little boy.   I think I told you a while ago that he told me when he was about 5 of 6 that he could see guardian angels.  He had discovered that if you push gently on the side of your eye, you see double and he had decided that he was seeing guardian angels.  I hope he never lost that belief and that his guardian angel took him straight to heaven's gates when he left us.

God love you

Mary

Here is one of his poems.  He never used capital letters and seldom used punctuation.


IN ANSWER TO YOUR POEM

by Matt Deeley

how wonderful! you fear for my life
but you should know
     life is death   
        and death is life
and the mysteries
of the unknown empires of quietus
offer more
than life can hold in its hand

No comments: