Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today was kind of a Mary Day.

Chelsea let me sleep until 4:30AM. Then I went back to sleep until 6AM. We got Dick's shower done this morning. I will be glad when he gets the good prosthesis back. There is some redness on the stump now from the old one. Not serious and we think we know why, but it is distressing all the same.

At 10, I went over to Amy's Hallmark for some Christmas Shopping. It was VERY successful. I was able to get all the Christmas ornament gifts at once and they even gave me a gift ornament. I got the LAST one they had, so it must be my lucky day. While I was in Sheboygan, I stopped at Office Max for paper and some ink cartridges.

We had our leftovers from Sweet Basil for dinner. Still good. They do make a mean meatloaf.

I tried to nap, but it did not work very well. Then at a bit after two I went down to Mill Street for the Plymouth Mill Street Days. They get bigger every year. I ran into several friends and just looked around until it was time for 4PM Mass.

Mass was good. It was Mark's sorry early in the gospel where Jesus sent the disciples out two by two to preach and told them to bring nothing but the clothes on their backs. Fr. Van Beeck did wonder, as we all do, what they did when the tunic on their back needed to be washed, but we figure that God provided for that too.

We had a nice quiet evening here at home then. Leftovers again. I think I can get by with that tomorrow too. Such a life.

I received the following by email today and Dick said I should share, So I will.

Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater…

If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, expect a ton of shit.


Have a lovely Sunday.

Mary

No comments: