Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Another busy day.

Chelsea got me up early but I got back to sleep easily and did not wake up until 6:30AM - a real coup.

Grocery shopping was the first big job for the day. Then I went out to Rhine to meet Nancy and shot pistol. I am also trying to shoot the summer trap league. Today, I shot a 13, not bad for me. Especially since I had not shot trap since last year and then I just shot one round because my shoulder and arm were hurting to bad. So far so good. They guys tell me that I need to be shooting an automatic. My 12 guage, single shot, Bacaul is beating me up. They are going to bring some for me to try, then I will have to see if it is worth spending the money on another gun. I told them that Dick thinks that it is dangerous to to be arming the Irish. They laughed at that.

I think I told you that Fr. Mike Shea is in the country. I talked to him and we are arranging a family lunch for August. I think that we are now set for that on August 13. We will probably go to Koene's in Falls again. Mother is so happy about that . It will be good for her. She will see him at the reunion at St. Michaels but that will be much less private and crowds do confuse and wear her out now. I saw that very vividly at Myrtle's funeral.

The afternoon was nice and quiet. I took a nap, washed some clothes and watered a lot of plants. We could really use some rain.

When I talked to Aunt Kathleen, I told her about my torn meniscus. She asked if I knew how it happened. I couldn't tell her so she decided it was probably from all the genuflecting that I do. We had a nice visit. She remembered Mom and Dad's first home, a little upper flat in Sheboygan Falls. She said that it was really charming and that she remembered that coming into the kitchen was a box, maybe three by five feet, full of various cactus and it was just beautiful. Even then, Dad was enamoured by cactus.

Love

Mary

No comments: