Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A full day. Chelsea woke me up the first time at 2:30AM, the little pest. I managed to get back to sleep, it wasn't easy as my tummy was really bothering me. But I finally did drop off and woke up a bit after 6AM. Roxie was glad to see me and very hungry. Chelsea wasn't hungry but seemed anxious to go out so I took her for her walk before I took my shower. She never did eat her breakfast. Now I have to worry about her. As if I haven't been.

My appointment with Dr. Fehrman went well. He showed me the x-rays and the MRI and pointed out the tear. He said that he can fix it. I will be having the surgery two weeks from today here in Plymouth at Valley View. I was asked if I knew how to use crutches and was told to bring mine with me. I need to call with a few more questions so I know how much help I will need and how long the recuperation is.

But --- he CAN fix it.

Then after stopping at Woodlake to pick up some chorizo, I went to Mother's and she and I together walked over to church for Myrtle Drossel's funeral. She was a dear friend and good neighbor. The Drossel kids were part of the crew that joined us playing games on many a summer evening on Pinehurst court. That was probably the ideal neighborhood to grow up in. A gravel dead end road lined with frame houses, most of them full of children with stay at home Mom's. We ran free until called home for a meal or bed or chores. It was idyllic.

Dick and I received lovely flowers today from Richard and Brenda. We call them Oscar's flowers. I will post a picture. They are beautiful. Roxie has already inspected them and approves. I miss that kitty but know that I could not watch him waste away any longer. His doctor called today to reassure me that I had done the right thing for him.

Enjoy summer and green and growth.

Love

Mary



Only the Government would tell us that you an cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it on the bottom of the same blanket, and try to make us believe we have a longer blanket.

No comments: