Monday, July 06, 2009

 



BIG OSCAR - THE SWEETEST CAT IN THE WORLD.

This has been a rough day. Oscar had not eaten since last Thursday. So this afternoon, I took him in and had him put down. Kate joined me so I would not have to be alone.

It was painless and the staff at Kettle Moraine were very kind. They took him in and gave him a shot then brought him back to me and I was able to hold him as he just slept away. I wanted him to feel that it was just a normal vet visit and that he would be going home soon. Poor thing had lost much more weight, I did not ask to find out what he weighed but he was light as a feather and all bone and black fur. I feel so bad but could not just watch him starve.

He will be waiting for me when I cross over along with other special animals, like Zero and Sam and Waylon and others from even further back. Meanwhile I will miss the sweetest cat that I have ever known.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: