Saturday, May 28, 2005

We had a very little bit of rain today, so I went out and checked the newly planted pots and watered the freshly laid grass seed. It was a pleasant temperature, about 68 and partly sunny.

The birds seem to be singing more loudly this spring. Perhaps we notice them more because we are leaving the windows and doors open rather than turning on the air conditioner. Dick is one to turn it on from the first warm day, close all the windows and doors and leave everything closed up until fall. However, now that we have Oscar and Roxie, who enjoy sitting in the windows and at the deck door observing the birds and the general outside, he is more amenible to opening things up rather than shutting things down. Now, he is complaining about the birds being too loud and persistant.

A peaceful day, I did some sewing and cleared off my desk. I am down to the last few projects at church, then will be all caught up.

Cadfael Book of Days had a great quote from Ellis Peters first book, A Morbid Taste for Bones today. "Well, well" said Cadfael silently to himself, and left the insoluble to the solver of all problems."

I made pizza tonight with my own sauce, the sauce I made Thursday with fresh herbs from our very own garden. Boy it was good. I made it the way I used to make a quick meal for the boys.

A frozen loaf of bread, thawed, risen and spread out on a pizza pan
Spread sauce
Sprinkle whatever toppings you want

Bake for about 1/2 hour at 400 degrees.

Have a nice Sunday. I will go to the 8:00AM mass and then shoot with Jim. I want to shoot a round of trap too so I can try out my new vest with the padded shoulder.

Love

Mary

No comments: