Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Thursday, Chelsea, the little wretch, woke me up at 5:06AM (I can see the clock the minute I open my eyes) and insisted that it was really important. She was right but it sure left me tired today. I took a nap but am still kind of worn out.

Thursday is also shopping day. Dick and I make it a twice weekly date. We get up and move apace until we are ready, then go to breakfast, on the grocery shopping and home again. It is fun.

I also planted the pots that go under the deck today. They look very cheerful with bright red geraniums and nice green ivy plants falling over the sides. It was not the warmest day we have had but the sun shone and that always brings warmth to the heart.

Something to ponder. Jonathan Swift said, "Whoever makes the fewest people uneasy is the best-bred man in the group."

I do agree in the sense that there is a lot to be said for good manners, although speaking up for right, even if it makes some people uneasy, is not a bad thing.

Love

Mary

No comments: