Sunday, May 22, 2005

Jim and I went out to shoot at Rhine this afternoon. Pistol league is over but we want to keep practicing over the summer, hopefully to improve before Fall League starts.

The club was hosting a 50 Bird Lewis Shoot, which means that people shoot 50 clay pigeons in a trap meet, 25 from each of 2 trap houses. The entry fees are divided up between the sponsoring organization and the participants in a certain order. I have never shot a competitive event, other that league before, but wanted to practice. I was pleased with my scores - a good trap shooter would probably laugh, but I got a 15 and followed with a 14. Tomorrow night I will start a weekly two man (I suppose "person" is a more acceptable term) league with my friend, Rosalie at the Sheboygan Falls Conservation club.

We had Mother come for dinner tonight as I mentioned in an earlier post. The stew is still good and I prepared mashed potatoes, peas and salad too. I harvested the first of my rhubarb and made super moist and delicious cake.

I guess that is all. I am supposed to be remembering something from the readings at Mass this morning for Bible Study. Paul said in Corinthians 2 - "Greet one another with a holy kiss." I like that - Loving hugging is so essential to mental and emotional health.

Hugs to all.

Love

Mary

No comments: