Thursday, May 26, 2005

This evening was the last council meeting for my term. My term is actually through June but we have decided, as in years past, not to have a meeting in June. The two new members were there for a transition and information meeting. One of them is my dentist, Mark Huberty. They will be fine and I am relieved. I think that a lot was accomplished during my term and am proud of it but I need a break.

Dick has his new caps on his teeth and it looks wonderful. It went very smoothly. They said he would be 2 hours, so I went to the bank and on a couple of other errands, got back in 1 1/2 hours and he walked out to meet me. It had only taken about an hour and a quarter. He is so patient. As I said. His teeth look great.

I finished my planting this afternoon. All I had left was to plant the pots on the deck and put a couple of herbs in the herb garden. It was raining this morning but had cleared up nicely and the temperatures were in the low 70s.
I have meatballs, ravioli and ricotta cheese on hand and need to use them up. So I decided to make a meatless spaghetti sauce to divide and use for several meals. Tomorrow we are having spaghetti and meatballs.

Here is my recipe, in case you want to try it.

2 cans tomato soup
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
2 large onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
Fresh or dried oregano (to taste)
Fresh or dried thyme ( to taste)
3 bay leaves
1 teasp. salt
1/2 teasp. pepper
Olive oil
1 TBLSP Steak Sauce
6 oz. Mushrooms sliced

Cook onion and garlic until tender in 1 to 2 TBSP olive oil. Add all the tomato products, the herbs and the salt and pepper and the steak sauce. Cook for one hour or so and add the mushrooms. Cook until tender.

The weekend is almost upon us. It is Memorial Day weekend. Reminds me of the first year Dick and I were together. I still had my little house on Broadway in Sheboygan Falls. Sheboygan Falls DOES have a Memorial Day parade. We decided to walk down the Broadway and Pine to watch it. We really rushed because we started a bit late. By the time we got there it was about over. The parade consisted of 1. about 4 Veterans, the Junior High School Band, A Girl Scout troup and Bruce Mertzig driving his antique car. Dick has never let me forget that.

Love

Mary

No comments: