Wednesday, May 25, 2005

There are only 6 more days left in May. I did a bit more planting today. When we moved in to this house, there was a basketball pole and hoop next to the driveway. A permanent fixture. The basketball hoop itself was pretty well shot and we have no need for it anyway, so we removed the hoop and welded on three plant hangers. Today I planted geraniums, sweet potato vine, begonia and coleus in the opts and got them hung. Now, the only thing left to plant are the pots on the deck and a couple of herbs in the herb garden.

It was quite warm today. I brought Chelsea outside with me for a while this afternoon. She likes being with me.

Tomorrow morning, Dick goes back to the dentist to put the permenant crowns in place. This appointment will only last TWO hours as opposed to the four for the temporaries. Still a long time and he his not looking forward to it. I don't believe that they have to numb his mouth this time.

Choir was cancelled for tomorrow night, but I still have to go to the Church Council meeting. This is probably my second last meeting. I will be very happy when the committment is over. The last project I have been steering is the census and we are winding that down now. I really need two more people to make calls for me, but somehow that doesn't seem so difficult.

Everything in its time, one step at a time. Best not look too far ahead when lots of goals are out there. It is too easy to become discouraged. I learned that when I was working. I list everything that has to be done and just concentrate on one thing at a time.

Have a nice Thursday. I must bring in the tomatoe and pepper plants. They are still "hardening" because Jeff raised them under the lights.

Love

Mary

No comments: