Monday, May 23, 2005

I shot my first two trap league sets this evening. The first was quite good. 16. But the second dropped to 13. My shoulder is so sore form the two yesterday and the two today that I guess I was lucky to get that. I was not following through and it was quite windy. I think I will look for a shooting vest. I think the slight padding on the shoulder would help the discomfort. I am just too bony and bruize too easily. There will be no league next week because it is Memorial Day so I have an extra week to heal.

Bible study was quite lively today. We were in to the discussion of the Liturgy of the Word and the Liturgy of the Eucharist part of the Mass and everyone was quite enthused about it. Tom Keyes brought a meditation on last Sunday's gospel with a wonderful quote from St. Augustine that I would like to share with you all. "God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us to love."

We had the leftover stew and potatoes and rhubarb cake for supper tonight. They Still tasted good.

Mother has been the historian for church for about 16 years. She mentioned that she thought someone else should take over that job. After all she IS 89 and as she says is not really active in the daily doings of the parish any longer. So - about 2 months ago we started advertising in the bulletin for someone to take over the job. It is not hard. She cuts out any newspaper articles, includes any picture she gets and takes things out of the bulletin and the Angelus (the quarterly paper) and upts them into scrapbooks for the archives. We tried first by asking for a scrapbooker. No luck. So a couple of weeks ago, we changed the request to a request for a historian. It worked, a really nice member of the Parish, Don Lau, who also does a lot at the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center stepped forward and came over today to collect the current scrapbook and the supplies. What a nice gentleman he is. He LOVED Mother's spoon collection which covers two walls of the kitchen.

Anyway,

That was my day.

Love

Mary

No comments: