Monday, May 30, 2005

Yesterday was a lost day. I totally forgot to post on the blog.

Went to church early because the choir was not singing. The rest of the day was pleasant. Jim and I went shooting. I did pretty well with the pistol. Not so good with the trap shooting, but I was trying out my new vest. It did help with the bruising of the shoulders, but I need to get used to it. I will go again next Sunday so I have one more try before shoot league again on Monday.

Dick took Jim and I out for dinner last night. We sent to Nino's - always a good place to eat. I got pork, Jim got steak and Dick got fish.

Today was equally quiet. We fried out brats for dinner and I fixed the famous Kunert potato salad and beans to go with it. It was a beautiful day, up into the high 60s and sunny. We had lots of rain yesterday. A good thing for my new grass and I can see my bean plants coming up. Did I till you that there are buds on my peony bush. I am just delighted. This is the plant that I have thought was dead two years in a row. But it keeps coming back and this is its first year to bloom.

Yesterday, we had some really persistant thunderstorms. Our poor little Chelsea was just frantic. People in the area were setting off fireworks both Saturday AND Sunday nights and she is afraid of that too. Poor little thing keeps pacing and trying to find a safe spot. Jim and Dick both held her for a while and she just trembled. Her whole body turns into a little bowl of jello. We can't figure out why in the world fireworks are being used for Memorial Day. Neither can our girl. Hope they are out of them. I think if there were three days in a row, Chelsea will lose all hope.

Love

Mary

No comments: