Saturday, February 16, 2013

Such a great day.   It was REALLY cold.   At least I thought so.

I spent the morning doing several things.   I worked on Mom's quilt.   I am about a third of the way through with the repairs.   I worked on the cookbook.    Really feel that I have things on track.   I intend to have it done by the end of March.

Then at 1:00PM is was at Becky's house for a Wildtree Freezer Bag workshop.    It was fun.   Jessie and Becky's mother in law were there so I knew two of the other attendees.   The others are friends and coworkers of Becky and are lovely young women.     We had been instructed to purchase 10 different "bags" of meet and some vegetables and bring them in gallon freezer bags to the party.   Then the cost of the party included spices and oils by this Wildtree company which we all flavored our meat with and sealed up to bring home and freeze.    I brought half the quantities of meat she suggested because it is after all only me.   Then I divided most of the packages again so I have reasonable amounts for one - some of these will end up being two meals anyway but that is good.   I now have 20 or more meals ready to pull out of the freezer, all spiced and ready to thaw, and cook.   With the instruction.

So a good day.  

I am making plans for a vacation.    I am going to visit Bret for a week.   I will go on a Thursday and we can go to his river property.   I will get to see his place,  meet his friends,   go spend a day with Jacquie and just relax with one of my boys.    I am planning at this point on leaving on March 7th.

Am I excited?   Yes!!!!!


Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: