Sunday, February 10, 2013

It was a Sunday at home.   Just Roxie and me.   The only time I left the house was to get Jean's paper for her.   She is my neighbor and I think I told you that she fractured her leg and I have been picking up he mail and papers for her.   She generously shares her papers with me ALL of the time.  

I had not paid any attention to the outdoors until just a few minutes ago.   I started watching the news and found out that rain is passing through.  Sure enough.   It is raining.   It is not supposed to get too cold, so I am banking on it being warm enough to keep from freezing.   Then it is supposed to be windy which will help dry the roads.

I kept myself pleasantly busy today.    I baked some butternut squash bread.   I fixed myself a good lunch.   I spent time sewing on a neglected wall hanging that has been on the quilt rack for years and I started mending Mother's Cathedral Window quilt.   It is such a treasure and years of use have resulted in lots of broken points.    I figure I will do a little every other day or so and have it ready for her when she wants it.   She is already worried about it being ready for spring.

I also worked on several CWI projects.

So I am ready to use the rest of the day doing NOTHING.  (Wonder if that will work?)

Can you believe that Wednesday will be Ash Wednesday already?

Dia Dhuit

Mry

No comments: