Friday, February 08, 2013

By the time I got up, the condo roads and the driveways were plowed, so I knew that I could go ahead with my plans for the day.

Jody came at 8AM and cleaned the house.   I did a couple of loads of wash,  got everything that I needed ready to take with me when I left and worked a bit on the projects that I have restarted.    One thing is the fun of studying St. David of Wales and St. Piran of Cornwall, who are the patron saints of those countries.     I think I mentioned that I am working on a book about the patron saints of all seven Celtic Nations.    I am doing this "rush" study because March 1, is St. David's Day and March 5, is St. Piran's Day.   The Sheboygan CWI branch is going to meet for the session and dinner at 52 Stafford.    I promised a meeting and a presentation of the lives and history of these two gentlemen.
Fun, Right?   Want to come.   We are meeting at 6PM on Wednesday, February 27th.

I left shortly before 11AM to fill the tank in the car, it was just below a half a tank and I have been ordered to fill it at that level in the winter.   Usually, I wait until it is a quarter of a tank.   Then I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription, then on to the Twisted Root to have lunch with my friend Ione.    She and I had a great lunch and a mutual encouraging conversation.   Her Don passed away on Christmas Day.   So we understand.   I got a black bean burger this time and it was SOO good.

Next I went to Mother's to take care of a couple of things for her and to bring her a piece of the pineapple pie that I made yesterday.  I gave a piece to Ione also.    I wanted to make a pie and since I was meeting Ione and going to Mother's it made sense to bake it yesterday as I could find a home for part of it.

Finally, I dropped some lap robes off at Rocky Knoll.    I visited a bit with Kim Loose.   We have been friends since Blessed Trinity days.   She is in charge of patient care or something like that at Rocky Knoll.    I am slowly going through EVERYTHING and finding homes for a lot of things.  Others I am setting aside to sell.  There is no hurry and there are some things I don't want to do yet.

My arm is very sore today.   So I am going to bed with heat and cold this evening and hope that rest will help.   I don't know if it is the weather or what, but I am mighty tired of it.

The weekend is quiet.  Roxie will like that.   She doesn't like it if I leave her alone.  I wish I could get her a little friend.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

"The fundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe."  Anonymous

















































































































Maryundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe"  Anonymous

No comments: