Monday, February 04, 2013

Whew! What a Monday! 

Eileen called this morning from Mother's house.   Mom was not feeling very well late yesterday and evening, so Eileen spent the night.    She was glad she did stay as Mom got up three times during the night and the first two she was very wobbly.   Thankfully the third time found her much more steady and by morning she was actually pretty good.

Eileen and Mary, the morning caregiver, and Mother pretty well decided that perhaps someone should be there with Mom all night.   So - Eileen asked that I call Companion Care (because I have done the arrangements in the past) to get this set up.   I called them this morning to be sure that this service would be available.

Then I went to Bible Study.   There were four of us this week.   With the weather, and some illness, we hope to be up to normal next week.  It is actually nice with a small group.   We really get deep into whatever tangent we go on.   Psalm 118, if you are interested.   Very poetic and very challenging. 

Then I went to Mom's.   I was pleased with how bright and alert she was then.   I reviewed what she and Eileen had discussed as to all night care and she said that she definitely wanted this.   So.   I called Trish at Companion Care and they are starting tonight.    I think Mother is actually a bit frightened to be alone at night, at least when she feels unsteady if she wakes up.   It is hard and scary to be alone in the dark when you don't feel all that strong.  They will come at 8PM and stay until she is up and ready for the day.  We are all so relieved.   I know that I always took a deep breath after 8AM if I had not received a phone call.

Then I dropped my sewing machine off at the Sewing Machine Shop in Sheboygan Falls.   I have never had it fully serviced and decided that since I have intentions of really getting back into sewing a lot, I needed to start with a machine that is as ready as I am.

Home again.   I have been busy with bank calls and finishing up the arrangements for Mom and some other loose ends.    I am feeling very proud of me because I got so much done.

I look forward to tomorrow with only a Kettle Quilters meeting.    It will be good to go and interact with these creative ladies.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: