Sunday, February 03, 2013

Are you watching the big game?   I kind of am.   This was a lazy day for me.   I decided to do as little as possible and it is working.

I slept until 8AM, then got up and got ready for church.  My neighbor, Jean, called and asked if I would bring her communion.    It is so cold and there are slipper spots out there.   She fractured her leg a month or so ago and I have been bringing her paper and mail to her.    I am always honored to bring the Eucharist to people so that was great.

I did go downstairs to the hall for the KC's coffee and donuts.  I sat with my friend Darrel Dombek, he is a Rhine Plymouth guy, and then Janet and Rich Bieschke joined me.  So it was a nice morning break.

Home again, I did lie down for a nap about 1PM.  Slept til almost 3.   I wonder if I will ever get rested.   My soul is still pretty weary.

I gave Fr. Dan a piece of the Brat Bhride after Mass.  The Brigid cloth.    At the Wild Game Dinner, I gave a piece to each of the families as a blessing  along with the abridged story of the cloth.   Denise and the family were here this year.   I can't believe how big Jack has grown.   He is taller than I am now.   Samantha was there too.   She is old enough and participated in the beer tasting contest.   I told her that I love her art.   I saw some on Facebook.   I told her I wanted a piece for my collection.    I also mentioned to Erin, that I would like a piece of her art too.   After all, I reminded her, she told me years ago that we have a special bond because she is my Goddaughter.

I gave Erin the wall hanging that I made out the last crazy quilt squares that Mother made.  I was happy to find that she was really happy to get it.   She is just moving into a new apartment, in Chicago now, and plans on hanging it there.

Samantha is very interested in Irish culture and art and was SO excited about the cloth..   I will introduce her to the Celtic Culture that I know.    It would be fun to have a young gal like her to share with.

So tomorrow starts another week.    Reasonably busy, but a couple of days are unscheduled too.

I can do that.

Love you all.

Dia Dhuit

Mary





No comments: