Friday, February 15, 2013

I liked today.    The sun was shining.   It was cold but with little wind and the sun, the snow that fell last night was all gone by noon.

Jody came at 8AM to clean. I spent the morning working on my book, researching for the Celtic Saints, St. David and St. Piran.   They both have their feast days in early March and the Sheboygan Celtic women are going to meet on February 27th, a Wednesday, for the music.    We are meeting a bit early for dinner and a meeting and I will give them a talk on the two saints so that we can celebrate their feast days too.   It is really SO fun to learn about all our Celtic sisters roots.

I also spent some time sewing on Mom's Quilt.   I am getting there.  It will take a couple of weeks though as it is very finicky work sewing all those little points that have loosened back together.   I can only sew for a short time before my shoulder hurts, for one thing.

Went to the Dairy Queen for lunch with the Bank Ladies.    The Dairy Queen still has the grilled cheese sandwich.   I think it was better under the old management.   But it is still a grilled cheese and OK.  It is Lent and I do abstain from meat on Friday's.     The day that Jeff and I took Mother for her doctor appointment on Tuesday, we talked about the fact that the next day was Ash Wednesday, already.    Mother mentioned that she is so old that she no longer is required to fast or abstain.   Jeff and I laughed and reminded her that we don't have to either.  Same reason.

This afternoon, I prepared all my bags of meats and veggies for Becky's Wildtree Freezer Bag workshop that is tomorrow afternoon.   That will be a fun way to spend and afternoon.  As if I don't have enough food already.

So enjoy your evening or morning depending on when you are reading this and I will check in tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary
 
 
 " If you could see the journey whole - you might never undertake it; might never dare the first step that
propels you from the place you have known
toward the place you know not."
                                                                J. L. R.

No comments: