Saturday, January 19, 2013

They said we might have rain today but I did not see any.     It was quite warm but I understand that the next three or four days are going to make up for it.    One night it will drop to the minus degrees.    Of course, I remember, years ago, my ex husband and the boys and I came to Wisconsin and it was below zero, as much as -16 almost every day we were here.

I am always thanking God for the nice warm homes that we have and for the warm clothes and safety. Wasn't always so easy.

I drover to John Michael Kohler Art Museum today for their Family Festival China.   I met Bob Fleming, my artist friend there and ran into my friends Richard and Joan Kramer.     We all kind of interacted together until we all had to leave at different times.    I was a nice festival.    I made a Chinese Lantern, a Dragon Mask and did some Calligraphy.    The food provided was really good.   AND I got to sit through an explanation of a Tea Ceremony.    This is very interesting to me as I did participate in a High Tea in Ireland.   Veru different, of course, but still fascinating that such ceremony surrounds tea in different parts of the world.

I barely got home when I got a call from them telling me that I won a ticket to Shen Yun 2013 at the Milwaukee Theatre for February 19.   Of course, I had to buy an adjacent ticket and now will have to see who can come with me.  This show features 5000 of Chinese dance in one night.   I am excited.

Home again, I took a nap, then drove to Mass.  

Hone again, I have been just picking up pieces and getting things organized for tomorrow.     Tomorrow will be nice, I am meeting the rabbit hunters at the Whirl Wind for a sausage tasting.   Will be good to see the guys.  It is going to be COLD so I don't imagine they will be out too long.


Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: