Sunday, January 20, 2013

Such a pleasant Sunday.

It was cold and the wind blew like there was no tomorrow, all night.   But the sun shone and the sky was just radiant.

I spent the time at home finishing the wall hanging that I have assembled out of the four crazy quilt blocks that Mom made.   She said they are her last sewing project because of her sight so I felt they need to be preserved.    I'll send a picture of it.

At about 11AM, I drove to the Wierl Wind south on 67 to meet the rabbit hunters after their morning of hunting.   I got there shortly after 11, figuring that the cold would drive the guys to the bar before their noon deadline.   I underestimated their resolve.    They arrive at noon, almost exactly.   I was able to find people to visit with while I waited  (surprise, right?)  Then Jeff recruited me to help him and Shane prepare the several venison sausage offerings for judging.    I don't know if you know this, but every year after rabbit hunting this group of guys, and anyone else who wants to, bring in the venison sausage made that year from the deer hunting.    Then all in the bar taste and rate as to their favorite.    This year there were 5 entries.    The guys are going to let me know which sausage won.   I was ready to come home before the final eaters voted.   It was a really fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.     I don't hunt anymore but would probably not get to see those guys that I hunted with all those years and came to be so fond of.    They always seem glad to see me too!

So, home again, I made a Roxie cat very happy.   I napped for a bit and then got things ready for tomorrow which is a VERY busy day - at least in the morning.

Hope you have an excellent week.
Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: