Thursday, January 24, 2013



I finally figured out (again) how to import a picture from Picasa into Blogger.   So. I can finally deliver on my promise to show you the completed wall hanging that I made of the four crazy quilt squares that Mother had finished before it became too difficult for her to sew any more because of her vision and the discomfort in her hands.     I am quite pleased with the finished product and have decided what I am going to do with it.    

Today was very busy but fruitful.    I had a dentist appointment at 9AM.   No cavities and I now have the cleanest teeth in the family.  Janelle, my hygienist, was also Dick's so it was a bit hard for us.   You know how people loved him, but we both shared and hugged and felt better for the time.

On the way home I did a few errands and then had lunch.

After lunch, I drove over to Kate's house and we went to Hobby Lobby.   Kate is getting ideas for her 50th wedding celebration and I was after a case for Dick's flag.    I found a case.   It was even on sale.    I have to stain a little chip but will be glad to have the flag safely ensconced.   I also found some birds for the Kevin wall hanging, and a light table, which I have secretly wanted.  It was only $10 so you know it is a very small one, but that will do for my projects.   Oh, we also found an Irish hanging for the door or wall that looks great.    We both got one as it was somewhat unique.   It looks like a huge bottle cap with a greeting on it.   This was just a fun shopping day.   I haven't done that in ages.

I had an appointment with Dr. Murthy this afternoon to discuss how we should move with the treatments of my neck/arm/shoulder pain.   He has referred me back to Dr. Leben, who had done some good for my ribs.   The trouble is, I won't see her until February 22.    So I am going to keep trying various things, for example, massage and hot and cold applications and stretches.     I am just sick of aching.

Tomorrow I will be home until evening.   Then I will go to the Plymouth Arts Center for their opening.   I do have a telephone appointment with SSI at 10:30AM.   That is one of the last loose ends to tie up.    Soon I will be done with all that stuff and can move on.

Rest easy tonight.   Rest is so healing.
\
Dia Dhuit

Mary.














No comments: