Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy 97th Birthday to Mom!!!

The weather was brutal today.   I don't think the temperatures ever topped 4 degrees. It was as low as 1 degree.    Brrrr!

We had 6 people at bible study today and had a really good prayer session and then a nice discussion on a psalm that was actually featuring prayer. 
And what a nice group we have.    Helen brought one of her homemade birthday cards for Mother for all of the group to sign for her.

I also showed them the wall hanging that I put together with her picture and the Crazy Quilt Squares.

Next on to Mother's.   I gave her her present, a nice bottle of Madeira wine and my card along with the card from the Bible Study.  She seemed very pleased.   There were already tons of cards on the dining room table.   She is a very popular lady.  Had a couple of bills to be paid and we watched a bit of the inauguration.    Then I came home.

I had a quick lunch then picked up Lynn and Jena for Cream City Writers   We had very good news.  Both Lynn and Bev had poems selected for the 2014 Poets calendar.    Isn't that just super?    Lynn is so excited.   This is her first acceptance to the calendar.  

We had a short meeting because there were just the four of us.  So. I came home in time to get a lot of cleaning done around here.  

Bart and Barb called at about four.   They have both been fighting sinus infections.   Must pray for them. 

My friend Kate invited me over for supper tonight.   That was a nice change.   We had pork chop, stuffing and apple casserole and carrots.   SO good.   We had a nice visit too.   Hadn't had much of a chance for that lately.

So.  A typically busy Monday that made me feel good.

Now it is time for Night Night.

]Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: