Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We are still in the deep freeze here.   I looked at the thermometer just a few minutes ago and it was back down to 1 degree from 4 degrees this morning.  I am running a heater in the garage to cut the cold a bit.

I had not intended to leave the house today, except to get the mail and put out the trash, BUT I was out of cat food and Roxie insisted that I had to get her some.    So off I went to the Pig and now I am set for at least a week with the few things that I need.    I WAS out of lettuce and really like to have salad almost every day.

So it was a good day.   I cleaned a couple of closets, baked a cake, got some items ready for this weekend and even for the next weekend.

Tomorrow I also get to stay in out of the cold.     I have several other projects that I want to get to.   Roxie loves me home.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

Paddy  was coming through the customs at the airport  carrying a large bottle.
"What have you there  ?" said a suspicious customs officer.
"T’is  Lourdes Holy Water. I am bringing it home with  me," said Paddy.
The officer took the bottle  and tried some. “Why, it's Irish whiskey !!" he  spluttered.
"Lord bless me,” said Paddy,  "another bloomin`miracle  !!"

No comments: