Friday, January 18, 2013

Such a full day.    Mixed feelings.    Suddenly I realized that today it is a month since he is gone.   Why do these milestone days make it more real?   I kept really busy today and that helped.   But the missing is in me.

Jody came at 8AM and got the house vacuumed and scrubbed for me.

Today I finished the binding on the wall hanging that I am making out of the four crazy quilt squares that Mom finished just before she decided that her sight just makes it to difficult for her to sew.  I am pleased.   Just need a label and an embellishment to complete it.     I hope to do that this weekend.  It is really coming together.

Then I went to Dairy Queen to lunch with the bank ladies.   That was fun.   We always have so much to talk about.  Having known each other for so long, it is a nice break in the week.   After lunch, I had several errands.    I took all the Dick's meds and expired stuff over to the Plymouth Police station for disposal.    Yesterday, I cleaned out the first aid supplies and gave extra pads and lotions to someone that I knew could use them.  I now have a reasonable first aid supply.   VNA also stopped by and picked up excess books and brochures and a couple of medical kits that I can't use but are still sealed. The frugal person in me just won't let me throw everything away.

Then I stopped in at the Sewing Basket for a couple of photo fabric pieces and finally went to the trophy shop to kind of firm up what we want on the plaque.   By next Friday, they will email me a mock up of what we think will work best.    Then I can forward it to the kids and we can either say Yea! or fine tune.

Home again,  I finished a lot of straightening up.   I don't have a real plan, but have been finishing any project that I start so it is kind of like a puzzle coming together.  

After supper, I drove over to Rhine for a visit with friends.   That was fun.  One of my friends gave me four packages of venison steak.   I am set now.   I only had a couple of packages and these will get me through the year because they have to be three pounds each or so.   I am so grateful.

Speaking of which.   Only two weeks til the Wild Game Dinner.     The shower too.  I have presents for the twins, just need to wrap them.   I know that the shower is at 11:00AM but still am not sure what time the Wild Game Dinner starts.

So, today was busy and it made me feel better.   Starting to be creative is helping too.  It took a while to want to.  

Love you all and thank you for being there

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: