Monday, January 14, 2013

I am back to marathon Mondays.   Started out OK.   I left the house a bit after 9AM for Bible Study at Blessed Trinity.   We had a nice group of 6.  Our little lady, Jan, was back.   Joseph was able to pick her up.   We ladies were hesitant to bring her in the winter as she is so frail and we worried about being able to help her if she had trouble.  

We are discussing Psalm 73.  The discussion was the criteria that we use to determine self worth now as compared to what determined our self worth as children.   Think about it.

I went right to Mother's and we got her bills paid, her pills laid out and had time for a bit of a visit before it was time for her Meals on Wheels.   I left from there and went on to Sheboygan for a Sheboygan County Writers meeting.  I have not been able to go to one of them for probably four years (except for the parties).  This year because of circumstances, I missed the Christmas party too.   There were not too many familiar faces but enough that I felt at home.    I read the Tree and the Christmas poems and got good response.    Good to get back to real creativity.

Home again, I am still able to keep quite busy with general cleaning and all of the things necessary to bring my life to that of a single person and get the finances squared away.

Ann Pirrung,  a dear friend, was there.  She was a page at Mead at the age of 16 and remembers "Mr. Kunert" with great fear and trepidation.    I know that Dick used to wander through the library occasionally just to "Make His Presence Known."   I can imagine what a 16 year old would think of that.

So life goes on.   I can hear Dick saying to lay back and take it easy.   They mentioned that they need a secretary for the Sheboygan Writers and I "heard" him telling me to just shut up.  So I did.  He would be so proud of me.

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: