Saturday, December 01, 2012

It was rather muggy and damp today - all day.   Not especially cold but felt chilly because of the dampness.

I got a lot done today.   The buckeyes are all rolled and I will dip them tomorrow morning.   The bottom row of the plate racks where I am lining up ornaments is looking GOOD.   I still have the upper two but it is coming together.   The two miniature trees that Kate lent me are in place and look just lovely.  I have three nativity scenes and several of my Santas displayed.

So it was a full day.   Dick was quiet today and a bit confused but quite cheerful so all was well.  I am tired though, it was a "labor intensive day."  

Kay came at 3:30PM and I went to Mass.   A lovely Mass.  The adult choir sang and I visited with several friends in the choir after Mass.   Two people offered to come to stay with Dick if I need a break or someone to just be with him.   God is good.   His people are good.
I am not feeling all that confident right now as I am sore.

But lots of people have us on their prayer list.   That makes me feel very lifted up and very special.
Dick's appetite has been quite down, but he is eating balanced meals anyway. 

Tomorrow, we are going to check his blood sugars together as he is training me how to do it.   He is taking SO long that the tester turns off before he gets things done.

I got a call from Troy at the VNA tonight.   He is coming either tomorrow or Monday between 11AM and 12PM.    Now I am not sure which day it is.   I kind of assumed it would be Monday but now I am not sure.   I will be ready either way.

I asked Dr. Sharon to order an evaluation for Dick.   Perhaps we will be able to get some therapy or other help from them.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

"God sends His angels to watch over those who sleep
But He Himself watches over those who lie awake in suffering."

No comments: