Saturday, September 15, 2012

This was a beautiful day.   Comfortable dry weather with just a hint of a breeze.

I did go back to bed after feeding Roxie, but that did not work too well.   I had trouble getting comfortable and then Roxie decided that this is not what she had in mind for the morning anyway.  She was a real pain.   She went so far as to get onto Dick's table next to the bed and drink water from his glass.   Naturally, this made me think she was perhaps out of water.   But she was just toying with me.

We had a pretty quiet day anyway.   And tomorrow looks as good.   I may get myself centered again.   I called Tim from Custom Care and Transport and he is coming to take Dick to Fond Du Lac for his prosthesis appointment on Wednesday.   So we are set for that.    The part for the converted seat in the van will be at A & J sometime next week.    But, as I told Tim.    When it gets here, I will make arrangements to have someone here to stay with Dick while I take it for the repairs.    It will have to be when I can do it and Wednesday is all arranged and I won't change those arrangements.  It will be good to see Tim again anyway. After all this time of needing his help, we miss him.

Kay came to watch Dick while I went to Mass this afternoon.    It was a nice Mass.   Fr Dan does a nice job and has tightened up the ritual a bit.   There is a meeting for "ministers" on the 25th in the evening.   I will have to ask that the help come a bit early but will be able to attend.   Being a Eucharistic Minister is about all that I am able to do at church at this time.

Richard and Brenda were going to come for a visit tomorrow.  Suzi had Kunert family get together this evening and they were going to take the long way home.  BUT they had some car trouble so the visit is off.   We are all so disappointed.   What the heck is happening to machines lately?

Jeff, Kathy, George and Betsy had supper at 52 Stafford tonight.    After supper, they stopped by here.  Jeff and Kathy shared some veggies from their garden.   Lovely tomatoes and three kinds of peppers.    Should be fun.   George and Betsy are in Wisconsin for just four days and will be leaving tomorrow.   Time is so short when visiting.   I was so happy that we had a few minutes with them.

George has been retired for 2 months already.

Tomorrow should be a good day too.  

Take care of you

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: