Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A very busy day and I felt very productive.   I had to get up at 6AM but the night's sleep was pretty good.   Dick had a fairly good night too.   BUT he was so tired this morning that he had me put him to bed for a nap at 10:30AM,shortly after I got back from my morning "adventure".   I left home at about quarter to eight after Kay got here.   I went to the Exchange bank for coffee and a bagel.   I left one of the CAIM posters there and they put it up for me.   Then I went to the two Christian schools in the area, St. John the Baptist and St. John Lutheran and asked them to post it on their board.   They were very pleased to do so. 

I drove up to the bank and got some money and deposited a check for Mother, then back downtown to the Plymouth Library to leave another poster   Then Home.

Dorothy Rose had called while I was gone.   She dropped by this afternoon and picked up several posters and will get them out for me.    All I have to do, that I am aware of, is to get the tickets and a poster to the Plymouth Art Center and then go to Dear Old Books and ask her to post one in the store.  I will get to Blessed Trinity on Monday and to Book Heads next Wednesday.   (They are closed for a week.)

Yea.   I love it when a plan comes together.   

When I got home, I made a batch of spaghetti sauce.  Dick had mentioned  last week that he wanted some.    I made it this morning so it could cool down and be reheated for our supper.    It was worth it.

This evening, Kay came at 5:30PM.   I picked up Sy Regan on my way to Mead Library for Karl Elder's Poet's Corner.   It was a full table and a nice bunch of readings.   I read two poems,  One of them was the Haiku I shared with you yesterday.    I read it after Georgia read a poem describing a hurricane from the eyes of a child.   The experience was really rather exciting and fun for her.   Noone was hurt.   There was a lot of destruction on their property but not their little cottage so it was and adventure.   She confessed that for years as a child she wished for another one.

Home again, Dick was ready, in bed, to be settled down for the night.   His feet and legs are hurting.   Please pray that this ebbs so that he can get a good night's sleep.   Tomorrow he has to to to Aurora for his anti-coagulation count.  A little rest will made it much easier for him.

I am ready for bed myself now, as it it 9:30PM.   I believe that Roxie wishes that I would get to it.  She is bathing herself right now.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: