Thursday, September 13, 2012

It was a cool and misty day weather wise.   Not TOO cold but certainly fall like.   Did I tell you that I have seen trees with leaves turned already.   Not many but I think the hot dry weather has everything mixed up.

Heather came at 7:30AM and I left at about 8AM to do some errands.   I picked up Mother's vitamins from Walgreens, then went to the Plymouth Art Center to leave a poster and some tickets for them to sell for the Caim Concert.   Do you have it on your Calendar.   Saturday, October 6th at 2PM.

I stopped at the Sewing Basket and picked up a "sky" for the new wall hanging about St. Kevin and the bird that I will be doing next.   I want the pieces so that when I am at IBAM giving my talk, I can show them what I do to get ready to put it together.   I also got some fabric to use to make a wall hanging out of the last four quilt blocks that Mother made.  She doesn't do any more because of her eyes.   I want to prepare it and give it to one of the girls.   It is so hard because there is just one and I would like to give a special thing to all of them.   They are all so beautiful and I know they would all like anything that Grandma made.  Becky is out of the draw because I gave her the quilt that Mother found from the Deeley garage that she repaired.   Sorry Becky.  But there are six other granddaughters.  I do have one quilt that I need to pass on also.

Anyway, I got back from my errands and Dick was a bit behind schedule.   We did get to his appointment at the Anti Coagulation Clinic, JUST on time.   His count was great.   2.6.   Leslie, you know that that is almost as good as it gets and he does not have to to back for a month.

At this point, the day fell apart.

We went out to the car.   We transferred Dick from the chair to the car seat.   I started working the controls and the chair stopped with Dick suspended halfway in and halfway out.    I checked all around the chair and there was not impediment that I could see.  I tried to bring it all the way out again. I tried everything I knew and finally called A & J.   By then the maintenance people, bless their souls, from Aurora were there trying to help me.  I gave  them the phone figuring that maintenance guys speak a language, right? 

After about an hour and the help of one of our local policemen, we were in the same situation that we were to begin with.  We had managed to get Dick into his motorized chair and into the building.  As it was misty and cool, I was pleased with that.

At this point, A&J said they would come to fix it.   So we went into the clinic to the restaurant.  Dick was too distressed but I had a sandwich because I was hungry.   Then a call came and A&J had decided that it would be better if we drove to their shop at Valders to get it fixed.   YEAH!   Did they have catheterizing capability, and really Good handicap restrooms with lots of help?   I think not.

I called our special transportation guy, Tim, from Custom Care and Transport.  Bless his soul, he was able to have his helper over to pick Dick up and take him home within 20 minutes.    I was unable to get someone at that short a notice to be with Dick.  So  Heidi from Embrace will be here at quarter to 9AM tomorrow and I will go to Valders to A & J to see what in the Sam Hill is wrong.

Poor Dick was just spent and very confused.    I was not far behind him but got him cathed and down for a nap.  He is much recovered after that.    I am afraid that I will have to get ready for bed and have him wake me up when he is ready to be put to bed.   I am exhausted and tomorrow, which was supposed to be a quiet day is now a double whammy.

So pray for your frustrated friend.  I keep remembering my Bret.    Years ago, his father had broken his arm and things were rather stressful around the house.   I was hanging out clothes in the back yard. (I did not have a clothes dryer at this point in my life.)  Bret was swinging on his swing set.   He was just a bit over 3years old. With each swing he was saying.  "Don't worry, Mom.   Everything will be OOOKay.    Don't  worry.  Everything will be ALL  right."   After all these years whenever things are rough.  I remember that sweet voice reassuring me.    One of those very special gifts from God.   And it is still reassuring.

Don't worry.   Every thing will be OOOOKAY.
Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: