Sunday, May 27, 2012

This was one of those special days.   I slept until 8AM.  AND I did not have to leave the house all day.

I did not even take a shower.   Dick and I just ambled through the day.   I did a bit of sewing.   I baked some scones.    I made a nice berry tart for our dessert tomorrow and just kind of enjoyed the day.   Without any appointments it was lovely to just be.

I don't even feel that I need to be really clever on this blog tonight.

Tomorrow, however, is Memorial Day.  I will be putting up the flag when I wake up to feed Roxie.   It is so important for us to remember and to take care of all the men and boys and women and girls who have defended us in so many ways during the past 80 years or more.    So many of our WWII vets are gone.   Our Korean Vets are in their 80s ,  the Vietnam vets are retiring.    How many of them are hurt, or damaged or lost and in need our us now that they have taken care of us and now we are gaining more and more from Iraq and Afghanistan.   Let us love them.   Let us thank them.   Let none of them be alone or hungry or homeless.   We owe them more than that.  They have and are giving everything for us.

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: