Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This was a rather different day.   Dick went to the hospital this morning (don't worry) for his swallow test.  I got up at 6AM.   He could not eat or drink, so we just had to get him up and do those early morning necessities before Tim got here at 8:15AM to pick us up.

I guess the test is not too bad.   He said that the worst part for him was the shifting from one table to another as they tried to administer the test.   You would think that hospitals, of all places, would be able to accomadate disabled people.    This time, he was safe, but the last time, they had him sliding almost to the floor getting him back to his chair.    I don't get too upset too often, but I was angry and distressed that time.

We expect to hear from Dr. Kream tomorrow as to the results of the swallow test.   We are hoping to find a reason for the choking that he has been experiencing.

We have been home the rest of the day.    The doors have been open and the house is really feeling fresh.   The wind chimes that Jacquie sent me and that Bobbie and Bill helped me get set up in the front garden are ringing a lovely tune.    I am content.

Tomorrow will be a shopping day.   I have a service person or two coming also.   There is always something.

Bless you in your week.

Dia Dhuit


Mary

No comments: