Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A typical Wednesday with a few other things packed in.

I got up at 6AM so that I could get myself ready and the trash out before Kay came at 7AM.   Then we let Dick know that she was here and I gave a few instructions and suggestions as to things that she could do.   (Isn't it lovely.  They want to be busy.)  I left at about 7:30 for grocery shopping, the bank and for the drugstore.  There was some kind of special assembly at the High School today.   As I was pulling into the bank, I saw a helicopter land in the open area along Eastern Avenue.

Boy, those things are loud.

I got home at about 9:30.   Kay helped me put the groceries away before she left.  Then Neil from Steger Plumbing came to check the air conditioner which was just NOT working properly during those very hot days.   There was also a puddle of water on the ground between the furnace and the water conditioner.   I could not tell where the water was coming from.   Fortunately, it was the air conditioner and Neil fixed it for us.    He told me to be sure to check on our next really hot days and if there is ANY water to call them right away.   I have been really happy with their service.

About the time he was leaving, Ashley, the nurse from VNA came to check Dick out and review things with us.   She will come for the last time on Monday to take his INR.   Presuming that all is well, we will no longer qualify for VNA after Monday because he has no immediate medical needs.   That means that we will have to go to the clinic to have his INR checked.   I have been doing some research on a van that would carry Dick and his motorized chair.   Having to call for transport is a bother and is getting expensive.    I am figuring, that in the long run we would be better off being independent.

The afternoon was quiet, so I made a lot of calls to start transitioning from VNA care and supply source to private sources.   I should have most of my information together by Friday. 

I subscribe to Garrison Keillor's The Writer's Almanac which he sends out every day.    Today he features excerpts from Ron Padgett's "How to be Perfect"

Here are a couple:

If you burn your finger, put ice on it immediately. If you bang
your finger with a hammer, hold your hand in the air for 20
minutes. you will be surprised by the curative powers of ice and
gravity.

Do not inhale smoke.

Take a deep breath.

Do not smart off to a policeman.

Be good.


So that is enough for today.

Do Be Good and
Dia Dhuit

Mary

"

No comments: