Friday, June 01, 2012

Hello again.    They told of possible rain, but it stayed way south of us today.   It never got very warm and was cloudy most of the day.   This evening, however, the sun is shining on the trees and the sky is blue.  

I had to be up by 7AM so that I could have Dick up and attem by 8AM when Jody came to clean.  I have my desk just about clear.  Yahoo.    I have the changes for Dick's care in place (I hope, I hope, I hope.)  Today, I received a call from the place that I will be getting supplies from, got a call from the hospital on the swallow study and have been trying to trace down the supplies that were ordered Wednesday and should have been here by today.

I also sent press releases to the three papers in the area on our CWI Bloomsday Celebration which will be Saturday June 16th at 52 Stafford.    Should be fun.   I already have my caregivers set for Dick.

This Sunday several friends are coming over to make pasties with me.    I am all out and this will not give me a ton but will give us a few for everybody and I asked if anybody wanted to make them the way I do.   They are not exactly traditional but they do taste good.

Nancy, the home health aid, was here for the last time to give Dick a bath.   We will sure miss her.   She is so caring and does SUCH a good job.   She is going to be picking up a dog from the Humane Society and promised to bring her by to meet us.

Kay, from Embrace, came tonight to put Dick to bed.   I went out to pick up some prescriptions and supplies from the drug store and some household needs from Walmart.

Dick was still dawdling when I got home.    Kay got him in bed by 8:30 when she had to leave.   Then I had the procedure to do so it is now after 9PM and he is finally settled in.   Whew.

Dick said that I should say hello to everybody.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

Haiku

The phoebe and I
In the cool of the morning
Are singing a song

No comments: