Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day and it was rather lovely.   The storm we were promised has not yet arrived, though Fond du Lac now has severe storm warnings.

Bobbie and Bill came at about 9AM to stay with Dick while I went to Sheboygan Falls to spend time with Mother.  That was so nice, usually I go after bible study and am a bit rushed.   We had a nice chance to visit today.

Bobbie, Bill, Dick and I dined like kings and queens today on brats and venison steaks, cole slaw, beans, cubed watermelon, pasta salad and a berry tart for dessert.

Don't you wish you were here to enjoy it too.

The rest of the day was quiet.   Now it is time to start winding down for the night as Dick will be going to the hospital for a swallow test tomorrow morning quite early.   I hope we sleep better than we did last night.

I put the flag out when I woke up this morning and took it down at dusk.   It is the least I can do to commemorate all of the young men and women who have given up so much for our freedom.   I wore my patriotic sox and t-shirt too.    Mother was wearing her patriotic t-shirt also and looked just beautiful today.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: