Saturday, May 26, 2012

I love holiday weekends.   Today was just dick and me until 3:30PM.   Then Kay came to stay with Dick while I went to church.

I did a lot of little things today.   Dick had said that he was hungry for Chili Mac.   So I made that today.   It is like my chili.   Not necessarily the same each time.   This time was REALLY good.   Hot and satisfying with a flavor that stayed after the hot faded.

I cooked enough macaroni to make a dinner pasta salad for our supper.    Kay was kind enough to chop veggies while I was at Mass.   So when I got home, I just needed to combine everything, add cheese and corned beef and the mayo and spices and we had a super supper of Macaroni Salad with Garlic Bread.

I got to be Eucharistic Minister this week even if I was not scheduled.   As you know, I love that.   I never get over that privilege.    Guess who was at the 4PM Mass?    Aunt Kathleen.    Boy were we glad to see each other.   She is so lovely in every possible way.   We visited after Mass.   She is at the Finger cottage with her step children this weekend, opening it for the season. 

Two more quiet days.   Tomorrow it will be just Dick and me until 6:30PM when Kay will come to put Dick to bed for me.   By then I will be ready for some help, I am sure.

We had a bit of rain today.   Just enough after what we had last night that I probably won't have to water tomorrow.

I attached a hook to the railing of our deck so that I can hang my hummingbird feeder.   Hope they will find us.  I put it next to the Lavender plants.   I think they like lavender.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: