Monday, May 21, 2012

It's my birthday and I am a happy person.

I woke up to find a card from Bobbie in my email.   Then Bobbie came to take care of Dick and I got  a hug.
When I went to Bible Study, which was really a good time, they remembered too.  It was also the birthday of one of my fellow studier, Kathy Keyes.   We are so happy to share this day.

Our discussion was very lively.   We talked about the prophets and  how sometimes they just didn't want to be expected to preach the word to the world that was scorning them and making fun of them but that the spirit of God came upon them and they could not help themselves.   We decided that we may not burn with the fire of evangelism but perhaps we smolder.   Maybe that will be good enough. 

I got home at about noon and Dick, Bobbie and I had lunch together.   There were flowers on the table from Richard and Brenda.  They are just beautiful.  I will post a picture on the blog tomorrow if I can figure out how.   I am still coping with changes on Picassa but will eventually work them out.  Sometimes improvements cause things to be more complicated that they were before.

While I was gone, my best friend, and ex sister in law, Jacquie called.  So I called her back this afternoon.   We had the best visit.    I really miss spending time with her.   I think that if I ever won a lottery, this would be my priority, to be able to be with those friends that are still so close, but are so far away.

So, it has been a nice birthday.  I cannot believe that I am 72.   I remember as a child thinking that  - in the year 2000, I will be 60 years old.    And that seemed SO old to me at the time.    Now I am 12 years beyond that.  WOW.  And what a ride I have had.

So I will end this now.  I want to watch the last actual competition of Dancing With the Stars.   This is the only show that I really get excited about and I have missed a lot of it as it is the time that Dick is usually getting ready for bed.   That is not a bad thing.   One should remember that TV is after all, Just TV.   I remember at one time when the kids, probably Bret were just babies.   I had gotten into the habit of watching Days of our Lives.   It was convenient as I was nursing a baby and resting.   Somebody called in the middle of the program and I actually asked them if I could call them back.    Right after I hung up, I realized that I had asked a real person to wait for a TV program to end.   And that was the end of my soap opera days.

Remember how special you are.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: