Saturday, November 05, 2011

It was COLD today but the sun shone which made it bearable.      I slept until 7and then had to get out of here to be at St. John the Evangelist in Kohler for the funeral of a friend, Virginia Rammer.   The Rammers were neighbors across the street on the old gravel road.     I wanted to be there to see the family, all the kids that grew up with me and my brothers and sisters.      Ginny had a rough last few years, suffering from dementia.   LuAnn said that she was talking about their Dad, Gordy, the past week or so.   Perhaps he was there waiting for her.

Then I drove to St. John the Baptist to be a part of the annual Craft Fair.   I bought some chances for the baskets, put my name on a couple of silent auction items, bought a Jar of Raspberry Jam and a copy of the choir's new CD, then picked up some cookies and then went to Rocky Knoll to have lunch with Dick.

I was so tired that I laid down on his bed and slept for an hour after lunch.  That helped a bit.  Richard and Brenda arrived at about 2:30.   We visited the four of us until I had to leave for Mass at 3:30PM.   I stopped and fed Roxie on my way back to Rocky Knoll.   Richard and Brenda bought dinner at Sweet Basil and Bobbie and Bill came with wine so it was a lovely evening.    It was good for Dick and I hope it perks him up a bit.   

Monday I will be checking into things to do to help his weakness and exhaustion.

God love you all.

Richard and Brenda and me have just enjoyed a Jamison Irish Coffee and will be heading for bed soon.

Tomorrow will be another busy day.

Mary

No comments: