Thursday, November 03, 2011

It was sunny today but very chilly.    I spent the morning working of bills and the like and then went over to Rocky Knoll at 11:00AM.   Dick's therapy was scheduled for afternoon, so I sat with him til lunch.    I had a sandwich and some coleslaw.    He gave me his cookie dessert.

I went with him to therapy at 1:15.   He practiced getting up from the chair and sitting back down about three times.   Then he rested and attempted walks.   He seems to be having more trouble lately.   He has trouble keeping his knees straight and therefore taking the steps.   Hopefully it is just because he has been so tired.  

Before I had left home, Alicia called from Mother's house.    Jody, our cleaning lady, was there too.   Jody had opened the microwave to clean it and it turned on all by itself and the cancel button did not work.    I remembered that we had a microwave that we had purchased for a gift several years ago that did not work, so I told them to tell her not to use it and I would be there this afternoon.  Before I went to Rocky Knoll, I loaded it in the car and then went right to Mom's when I left and set it up for her and told her how to use it.     I set the old one on the floor and Randy will get it out of there.    It is very similar to her old one so it will be easy for her to use.    I knew we'd find a use for that thing one of these days.

Home again, I am winding down again.    I will go to bed early and read.   This morning I slept until a little after 8AM.   Can't do that tomorrow.   Too much to do.

God love you

Mary

A friend sent this to me today.    I simply had to share

A smile - is a sign of joy.
A hug - is a sign of love.

A laugh - is a sign of happiness.

And a friend like me????
 
Hell....that's just a sign of good taste!!!!

No comments: