Wednesday, November 02, 2011

A rainy gloomy day.    I don't really feel justified in complaining when I hear that there are people in the New England states, still without power after the snow storm that occurred several days ago.   

I was home until 10AM.     After picking up a couple of things at Walgreens, I stopped at Kate's to drop off three little Kitty Cucumber figurines for he to put in baskets that she is putting together for the craft fair at St. John's.   I can't help with much, but am able to donate things to help make it a success.

I got to Rocky Knoll at 11:AM.   No surprises this time.    Corrie came to the room today and Dick worked on transferring from the chair to the bed and back again.   And then they brought in the stand lift and Dick is now able to go to the bathroom IN the bathroom as long as both of his prostheses are on.    Yea.   This will help with many things.

We played a game or two of rummy before I came home at 3PM.  Then I called Alison, our board president here at Tallgrass, and a good friend.    I had told her I would have her over for an Irish coffee.    So, we did.   I found out that the gal who bought Dick Kastburg's place was a neighbor at Creekside.    I don't exactly remember but will look forward to meeting her.   She is a quilter too.   Then Alison and I decided that the three of us could meet occasionally.   Nice to have good neighbors.

No comments: