Sunday, October 30, 2011

Did you miss me yesterday?   I just plain forgot.    That is not normal but I did go to bed early and had a lovely night's sleep.   So I guess that is worth it.

Saturday was not too eventful anyway.    I prepared things for the Samhain Dinner which was tonight.  And I spent the middle of the day with Dick at Rocky Knoll.    We had lunch together and played some cards before I went home.

This morning I finished all the preparations except for the cooking of the food I was bringing to the Samhain Potluck.   Then I went to Rocky Knoll for Mass and my visit with Dick.    I helped bring a couple residents down for Mass.   It was a very special Mass.   Father gave a lovely sermon and everybody seemed to be involved.   I was reminded that Tuesday is All Saints Day and a holy day of obligation.    I figure that I can to to the 10AM Mass at St. John's and still do the grocery shopping before Mass.   I will go to Rocky Knoll AFTER the Quilt Club meeting which is at 1PM and be with Dick for the On the Rocks and will have supper with him.       See how things work out.   Thank heavens there is NOTHING scheduled for either Wednesday of Thursday.  Sleep late days.  Yippee.

Dick seemed a bit weak today and his knees were hurting again.   I hope that will work out when he gets up on his feet in therapy tomorrow.

I came home at 1:30PM to cook the meatloaf and the colcannon for the dinner tonight.   About mid afternoon, the phone rang.   It was our Nora, returning my call from last week.    She sounds so wonderful and is so excited about this precious baby that she is carrying in her tummy.   Did I tell you she posted a picture on Facebook and she looks adorable.
 
It is a boy, they know and she is planning everything for his room and to be sure that he is will clothed and cared for.   I will be so delighted to be a great grandma again and of a boy this time.    She and Ernie are hoping to come to Wisconsin when Leslie and Bill do next August.   She would like a five generation picture with Mother and me and Leslie and her and little Marcus.   Won't that be great.

Our potluck was really nice.  I found for Irish Meatloaf.   It has beef and pork and apples and it covered in potatoes mixed with broccoli.  It is a keeper.  Debbie brought Mushroom Guinness pie and Sweet Potato Apple Soup.   Joan K brought Potato Soup and Cranberry scones.  Janet brought Irish Whiskey Cake, Joan B. brought cheese and crackers and pumpkin bread, Rosemary brought Reuben Dip and rye crackers,  Gail brought a molded jello salad,  Peg brought a pumpkin bar and somebody, I think Joan brought chips and a great dip.

We had several placemats set up for our ancestors.   Every year more people participate in that.   Their table looked really good.   I made blessing bundles for everybody again.   It is a nice harvest gift.  I made enough to take to bible study tomorrow.

So that is the day and a bit of yesterday.   I will be signing off until tomorrow.   I loved today.

God love you

Mary

No comments: