Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Today, as I mentioned, is a holy day for us Catholics,  All Saint's Day.   So it filled up and already busy day.

I went grocery shopping at 8AM as I usually do.    I picked up a donut for breakfast as I had slept until after 7AM.   Quite a slug-a-bed am I.  As it was also trash day, I had to be back from shopping and have everything put away in time to get to church on time at 10AM.    No glitches but I had to move pretty steady.   Mass was a good chance to settle my soul.   It was the school children's mass also, which is always a treasure.    Such a joy to see all those lovely healthy children gathered in one spot for good.

Home again, I had lunch, dropped of some items for Kate for the church craft fair and went to the Kettle Quilters meeting.  We had a nice meeting.   I didn't have anything new done.  (I have about four projects in various stages of completion downstairs.)    So, I brought the spiderweb wall hanging that I had made several years ago.   I had not shared it before and they all liked it a lot.  I am six squares behind on this years block of the month which has turned out to be 2 blocks of the month.    I may not finish it until next years.

I went right from the meeting to Rocky Knoll.  Lots of excitement there.   I got there and did not see Dick in the room but the bathroom door was shut.  I was putting things away when I heard Dick's voice from the bathroom.    I went to open the door and it was locked.   So I went for the first nurse that I could find who opened the bathroom door and we found Dick sitting on the floor.

As it turned out he was trying to surprise me by going to the bathroom by himself.    Well ---- He did surprise me all right.    He had managed with little problem until he tried to get up and back into the chair.   He ended up on the ground on his bottom, with the right prosthesis, the one with the sleeve, tucked under him.    Several of the nurses came in and after much discussion and trying different things, they got him back in bed to recoup.  I waited outside because I have to admit, I was pretty upset.    Except for a minor scrape, he is just fine.  He has been reminded that he is not released to DO THAT YET!

After he was in bed and checked over, I went down to the On The Rocks and brought us each back a glass of wine.   We were both glad that this was available today.    We relaxed and visited until it was time to go to supper.    I came home shortly after we ate and am now winding down for bed.   Dancing with the Stars, the Results is on tonight.    I will go to bed after that is over.

Tomorrow is a quiet day.   I will be at Rocky Knoll about 11AM and get home by 3PM.   I need some rest.

God love you all.  
Mary

No comments: