Sunday, November 27, 2011

Here I am settling down for the night with a soft sweet kitty cuddling into my arms and purring up a storm.   Of course, tomorrow at 4:30AM when she thinks it is time for breakfast, I may not think she is so sweet.   But tonight she is comforting and a real blessing.

It was a busy but tranquil day.   I spent the morning putting things away and bring up things so that I can get Christmas organized.  Then at 11:00AM I went to Rocky Knoll to have lunch with and spend the afternoon with Dick.    Bobbie and Bill came to visit too and Bobbie had some really interesting information on Dick's mother's side of the family.  Ancestry is such a fun thing to work on.  I wish I had more time for my searches.

The CNA's are now instructed to take Dick for walks twice a day.   He went three times today.   First he walked over 50 feet.  Then he ASKED Michelle to take him again and went for 25 feet.   When he called me tonight the CNA came in as we were talking and asked if he wanted to walk. and he said YES.   I am so proud of him and his walking is much more natural and easy for him.

I put the Christmas lights on the front porch after I got home.  They look quite cheerful.   I do not have them on a timer this year so will have to remember to switch them on and off.

I am so proud of myself too.  (More proud of Dick for his walks) But I was able to cross off everything on my list today.  WOW.

God love you and keep you safe this week and through then end of the year.  Then we can start again.

Love

Mary

No comments: