Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Boy was this a day.

It was supposed to be quite straight forward.   I took the car in for servicing and winterizing and intended to read for the hour and a half that it would take for that work.   Then I was going to travel to Gibbsville to order and pick up the Christmas Cheese.  Then stop at Mother's, then go home and store MY cheese, then go to Rocky Knoll for lunch and  to visit with Dick for the usual afternoon time.

WELL!  I got the car to Motorville and everything seemed going well until Kris had to come to tell me the news that our tires were shot.   And I mean shot.   He had one to show me and I was horrified.   So we had to have the tires replaced.   This was going to take 3 to 4 hours, so they had their van drop me off at Rocky Knoll where I was able to be with Dick for his therapy and I had lunch with him.   Then the van picked me up and I was able to get back somewhat on schedule.   I did get to Gibbsville and spend some more money.   I dropped Mom's cheese off to her and managed to get home by 4PM.
Mother is looking really good.   I had a cup of tea with her and we caught up a bit as I had to cut our visit on Monday a bit short.
An expensive day, but now we know that we are safe in the car through the winter as the tires are really good.   They have a guarantee of 50000 miles,  the old ones were factory given and only lasted 18000.

Blessings sometimes come in expensive packages.

Tomorrow will be much quieter.   I will be visiting Dick and that is about all.   Dick is talking about having a "talk" with me about being too busy lately.   He keeps me in check, you know.

So  Until tomorrow, May the wind be at your back.

God love you

Mary



An old man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new  hearing aid.
It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art.. It's perfect.'  
 
'Really,' answered the neighbor . 'What kind is it?'
 
'Twelve thirty..'



  

No comments: