Monday, November 28, 2011

Boy what a day.

I started off by joining my friends Joan and Janet at the Roadside Inn for breakfast at 8AM.  We had a nummy breakfast and accomplished what we set out to do.   It was for CWI, our Sheboygan County Branch.    We will meet again on Saturday at the Plymouth History Museum on Mill Street in Plymouth for the 6th Annual Christmas Tea that we host in conjunction with the History Museum and the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center.   It will be on from 1PM to 3PM if you want to come and enjoy the Craic.

After breakfast I drove to Sheboygan Falls for Bible Study   There were 8 of us there this morning so it made for good conversation.  As the Psalm discussed David's wanting to build a "house" for the Arc of the Covenant, we got into a really good discussion about the Arc itself.    Joseph has been to Jerusalem and was able to tell us some about the temple itself.   We also discussed the contents of the Arc itself, which were the 10 Commandments, Aaron's Rod and some Manna.   The Arc of the Covenant is "lost".   Some believe it was destroyed in the temple destruction and others think it is hidden - this being the source of such stories as the Indiana Jones movie.

Then I went to Mother's to visit and catch up.   I brought her some meatballs, potatoes, veggies and gravy for supper.   I had to leave a bit early to take my sewing machine to the Sewing Machine Shop because it was really not working for me.   Part of it was my fault, but the bobbin holder is pretty worn, so I replaced that  and will take the machine back after the holidays when I can take a break from sewing for a bit.

Then I hurried to Rocky Knoll and got there shortly after noon, but in time to have lunch with Dick.   I bought the lunch there today.    Then Dick and I played some cards and talked until I had to leave.   I stopped at the bank on the way home and have been just catching up on putting things away and working on some of my computer work.   Tonight I feel I have regained control.

So tomorrow, Dick has an appointment with the pulminologist.     If we get back in time, Tim from Wisc. Prosthesis will check his legs.    Otherwise, Tim will come back Wednesday morning.   I sure  hope we are back as I  won't be able to be there on Wednesday morning as I am getting the car serviced and winterized and I am going to to to Gibbsville for Christmas cheese for Mother and me on my way back.

Oh Well,  What is - Is.

God love you

Mary


“If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.”
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments: