Saturday, August 06, 2011

Today was a lovely day.   Perhaps a bit warm but certainly tolerable and with all the lush green fields and trees, Wisconsin was spectacular today.

I did a bit of cleaning this morning and harvested a batch of Basil for the winter. At about 11AM, I left to join Dick at Rocky Knoll.    Allison was freshining Dick's house for an open house tomorrow, so I stopped in to say Hi and see how things were going.

I arrived at Rocky Knoll just before lunch time.   We started down the hall to lunch almost immediately.    I had brought some soup and cheese for my lunch.   Dick had a ham casserole and beets and potato and ordered a cookie bar for me for dessert.  Isn't he special.   

After lunch, we played a couple of games of rummy, then we went out for a walk.  It was a might warm for him so we did not stay out long, but we did cruise the hallways for a while after we came in.

Then we played more cards until it became time to take him down the hall for dinner and for me to head home.

 Roxie was pleased to see me on time for a change.    She is always ready, of course, when I get home.    I finally had to dispose of the flowers that I had brought to Dick from the Celtic Tea which was August 17.   There are STILL about 6 small flowers that are lookin' good, so I put them in a cup.   I was glad to bring the lovely tea pot home.   I will put it above the cupboards in the kitchen.  Next time Bobbie is here, we will have to use a teapot for our tea.   Silly not to, I have three really pretty ones now.    I would like to make a tea cozy or two also.   There is a pattern in the Irish Quilting Magazine that one of the members of the Kettle Quilters gave me.

Dorothy Rose stopped by tonight to return a book.   I gave her a nice cold drink and we had a visit.   I will be riding to Irish Fest with Joan and Dick Kramer and Dorothy will also ride along.
Only two weeks til then.

Another Sunday is rolling around, I cannot believe how fast the weeks are going.   I think I told you yesterday, that Gary finished all the work on the house.   I am cleaning up a bit each day.

That is all the news here.   Richard called his Dad this morning.  That pleased Dick.   He got to hear about the Colorado trip.  

Love you all and God does to

Mary


Funny Story

TEXAS BEER JOINT OWNER SUES CHURCH over LIGHTNING STRIKE !
                                 
Texas Beer Joint Sues Church In Mt.Vernon, Texas , Drummond's Bar began
construction on expansion of their building to increase their business.

In response, the local Baptist Church started a campaign to block the bar
from expanding with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up until
the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the bar and it
burned to the ground!

After the bar burning to the ground by a lightning strike, the church
folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about  "the power of
prayer ", until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the
church . . ."was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building,
either through direct or indirect actions or means."

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied all
responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.
  The judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and  the defendant's
reply, and at the opening hearing he commented  "I don't know how I'm
going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork  that we have a
bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church
congregation that now does not."

True Story.

No comments: