Wednesday, August 03, 2011

What a day.   The weather was and is really nice.   A bit humid for my taste but pleasant temperatures and blue skies with green all around us.

I hung around until 9AM waiting for Gary, the repairman.   At 9AM, I left for grocery shopping and left a note and the door open for him.   Shopping went really well.    I got the tickets, stamps for mother and the groceries. and was back before 10AM.

When I got home, Gary was there and working.   He had an appointment for an estimate and ran late.    He started right in working and did we have and adventure,   When he took of the door to the deck, and what a mess we found.  Carpenter antes all around the door jam.   We sprayed like crazy and he dug out all of their gook.

Then I had to leave for lunch with Dick and for the afternoon visit.  I go there just as he finished up his OT and then we had lunch.    I had brought a sandwich.   I DO have that wonderful Fireside bread for a while you know.    He had physical therapy shortly after lunch, then we played a couple hands of Rummy before it was time for the On the Rocks Cocktail hour.   

When I got home Gary had the door almost reinstalled with the rotted pieces fixed and said he saw no signs of the ants any more.   So we are pretty sure they are eliminated and he has sealed the door so it is no longer accessable.   If they did get in there, they should die from all the poison anyway.

So a busy day again.    I called Bret.   Hadn't heard from him for quite a while.   I had to let him know that his sister Bobbie thinks he should come and get the toy box that I have saved for him all these years.   It was make just for him.   Even has his name on it.   Bobbie thinks it would make a good ice chest for beer at their new bar by the River.    Just a nice metal case inside the toy box area and some insulation and Whalaa.  A super unique ice chest.    He laughed, of course, but actually thought it was a good idea and would like the toy chest if we can just figure a way to get it there.

So Gary will be back tomorrow and hopefully will able to finish the job.   Pary for no more surprised.    Those ants were just gross.

God love you

Mary

No comments: